KVAERNER WINS JOHAN CASTBERG FPSO CONTRACT
Statoil advised that it has awarded Kvaerner the contract for the construction of the Johan Castberg FPSO topsides. The contract includes the construction and installation of the topside structure for the floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) to be located on the Johan Castberg field in the Barents Sea. The contract has a total value of about NOK 3.8 billion ($480 million). The development work will take place at several yards along the Norwegian coast.
“This is one of the large pieces of the Johan Castberg puzzle, and is a key component of the FPSO. The contract includes building a total of ten modules, a flare boom and central pipe rack. The international competition for the contract has been tough, and we look forward to working closely with Kværner in the years to come. Norwegian suppliers have again demonstrated their competitiveness,” says Torger Rød, Statoil’s senior vice president for project management control.
Kvaerner headquartered in Oslo, Norway, delivers complete oil and gas offshore platforms and onshore process plants to operators and other customers. (Source: Statoil)
- DORADO: ONE OF THE LARGEST OIL RESOURCES EVER FOUND ON THE AUSTRALIAN NORTH WEST SHELF 22nd August 2018
- PACIFIC DRILLING DRILLSHIPS BACK TO WORK AT LOW DAYRATES 20th August 2018
- MAERSK DRILLING TO BECOME A STAND ALONE COMPANY 17th August 2018
- ICHTHYS LNG PROJECT COMMENCES PRODUCTION 31st July 2018
- KAOMBO, LARGEST DEEP OFFSHORE DEVELOPMENT IN ANGOLA ON STREAM 30th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018