KVAERNER WINS JOHAN CASTBERG FPSO CONTRACT
Statoil advised that it has awarded Kvaerner the contract for the construction of the Johan Castberg FPSO topsides. The contract includes the construction and installation of the topside structure for the floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) to be located on the Johan Castberg field in the Barents Sea. The contract has a total value of about NOK 3.8 billion ($480 million). The development work will take place at several yards along the Norwegian coast.
“This is one of the large pieces of the Johan Castberg puzzle, and is a key component of the FPSO. The contract includes building a total of ten modules, a flare boom and central pipe rack. The international competition for the contract has been tough, and we look forward to working closely with Kværner in the years to come. Norwegian suppliers have again demonstrated their competitiveness,” says Torger Rød, Statoil’s senior vice president for project management control.
Kvaerner headquartered in Oslo, Norway, delivers complete oil and gas offshore platforms and onshore process plants to operators and other customers. (Source: Statoil)
- TOTAL REPORTS IMPORTANT DISCOVERY IN THE OUTENIQUA BASIN OFFSHORE SOUTH AFRICA 07th February 2019
- NEW OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA AT TILAPIA AND HAIMARA WELLS 07th February 2019
- THE WORLD’S MOST POPULATED CITIES IN 2035 02nd February 2019
- EXXONMOBIL LEADER OF THE OIL AND GAS EXPLORERS IN 2018 01st February 2019
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019