KVAERNER WINS JOHAN CASTBERG FPSO CONTRACT
Statoil advised that it has awarded Kvaerner the contract for the construction of the Johan Castberg FPSO topsides. The contract includes the construction and installation of the topside structure for the floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) to be located on the Johan Castberg field in the Barents Sea. The contract has a total value of about NOK 3.8 billion ($480 million). The development work will take place at several yards along the Norwegian coast.
“This is one of the large pieces of the Johan Castberg puzzle, and is a key component of the FPSO. The contract includes building a total of ten modules, a flare boom and central pipe rack. The international competition for the contract has been tough, and we look forward to working closely with Kværner in the years to come. Norwegian suppliers have again demonstrated their competitiveness,” says Torger Rød, Statoil’s senior vice president for project management control.
Kvaerner headquartered in Oslo, Norway, delivers complete oil and gas offshore platforms and onshore process plants to operators and other customers. (Source: Statoil)
- BP ENERGY OUTLOOK 2018 24th February 2018
- SCHLUMBERGER AND SUBSEA 7 TO FORM A JOINT VENTURE 23rd February 2018
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PARAGON OFFSHORE 23rd February 2018
- FIRST LIVE OIL SEEPS DISCOVERED ONSHORE JAMAICA 23rd February 2018
- BASSOE OFFSHORE: UP TO 200 JACKUPS TO SCRAP 17th February 2018
- NOBLE ENERGY SELLS DEEPWATER GULF ASSETS FOR $710 MILLION 16th February 2018