KVAERNER WINS JOHAN CASTBERG FPSO CONTRACT
Statoil advised that it has awarded Kvaerner the contract for the construction of the Johan Castberg FPSO topsides. The contract includes the construction and installation of the topside structure for the floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) to be located on the Johan Castberg field in the Barents Sea. The contract has a total value of about NOK 3.8 billion ($480 million). The development work will take place at several yards along the Norwegian coast.
“This is one of the large pieces of the Johan Castberg puzzle, and is a key component of the FPSO. The contract includes building a total of ten modules, a flare boom and central pipe rack. The international competition for the contract has been tough, and we look forward to working closely with Kværner in the years to come. Norwegian suppliers have again demonstrated their competitiveness,” says Torger Rød, Statoil’s senior vice president for project management control.
Kvaerner headquartered in Oslo, Norway, delivers complete oil and gas offshore platforms and onshore process plants to operators and other customers. (Source: Statoil)
- WOOD WINS MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT FOR UPPER ZAKUM OILFIELD 14th November 2018
- MAGSEIS TO ACQUIRE FAIRFIELD GEOTECHNOLOGIES SEISMIC BUSINESS 02nd November 2018
- SKRUIS: IMPORTANT OIL DISCOVERY IN THE BARENTS SEA 30th October 2018
- TARA PACIFIC 2016-2018 EXPEDITION SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED 27th October 2018
- US INTERIOR GREEN LIGHTS LIBERTY PROJECT OFFSHORE ALASKA 26th October 2018