LARGEST GAS FIND EVER FOR THAILAND’S PTTEP OFFSHORE SARAWAK
Bangkok based PTT Exploration and Production Plc (PTTEP) has made a gas discovery off the coast of Sarawak in Malaysia, marking PTTEP’s biggest find ever.
Through wholly owned subsidiary PTTEP HK Offshore Ltd (PTTEP HKO), the company found the gas at Lang Lebah-1RDR2, the first exploratory well in the Sarawak SK410B project. The Sarawak SK410B block is located in shallow waters around 90 km offshore Sarawak, with an acreage of about 1,870 square km.
The subsidiary commenced drilling in March to a total depth of 3,810 metres in Lang Lebah-1RDR2. The well encountered 252 metres of net gas pay, indicating a multi-trillion-cubic-feet discovery, and was tested in a carbonate main target reservoir with a completion-constrained rate of 41.3 million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD) and 246 barrels of condensate per day (BCPD).
Phongsthorn Thavisin, president and chief executive, said the achievement affirms PTTEP’s strategy to organically increase reserves from exploration activities.
The discovery will require further drilling to confirm upside potential. The Sarawak SK410B project is located in shallow waters, about 90 kilometres off the coast of Sarawak, with an acreage of 1,870 sq km.
The consortium consists of PTTEP HKO (the operator), Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co and Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, with participating interests of 42.5%, 42.5% and 15% respectively.
(Source and image: Bangkok Post)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020