LARGEST GAS FIND EVER FOR THAILAND’S PTTEP OFFSHORE SARAWAK
Bangkok based PTT Exploration and Production Plc (PTTEP) has made a gas discovery off the coast of Sarawak in Malaysia, marking PTTEP’s biggest find ever.
Through wholly owned subsidiary PTTEP HK Offshore Ltd (PTTEP HKO), the company found the gas at Lang Lebah-1RDR2, the first exploratory well in the Sarawak SK410B project. The Sarawak SK410B block is located in shallow waters around 90 km offshore Sarawak, with an acreage of about 1,870 square km.
The subsidiary commenced drilling in March to a total depth of 3,810 metres in Lang Lebah-1RDR2. The well encountered 252 metres of net gas pay, indicating a multi-trillion-cubic-feet discovery, and was tested in a carbonate main target reservoir with a completion-constrained rate of 41.3 million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD) and 246 barrels of condensate per day (BCPD).
Phongsthorn Thavisin, president and chief executive, said the achievement affirms PTTEP’s strategy to organically increase reserves from exploration activities.
The discovery will require further drilling to confirm upside potential. The Sarawak SK410B project is located in shallow waters, about 90 kilometres off the coast of Sarawak, with an acreage of 1,870 sq km.
The consortium consists of PTTEP HKO (the operator), Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co and Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, with participating interests of 42.5%, 42.5% and 15% respectively.
(Source and image: Bangkok Post)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023