LARGEST GAS FIND EVER FOR THAILAND’S PTTEP OFFSHORE SARAWAK
Bangkok based PTT Exploration and Production Plc (PTTEP) has made a gas discovery off the coast of Sarawak in Malaysia, marking PTTEP’s biggest find ever.
Through wholly owned subsidiary PTTEP HK Offshore Ltd (PTTEP HKO), the company found the gas at Lang Lebah-1RDR2, the first exploratory well in the Sarawak SK410B project. The Sarawak SK410B block is located in shallow waters around 90 km offshore Sarawak, with an acreage of about 1,870 square km.
The subsidiary commenced drilling in March to a total depth of 3,810 metres in Lang Lebah-1RDR2. The well encountered 252 metres of net gas pay, indicating a multi-trillion-cubic-feet discovery, and was tested in a carbonate main target reservoir with a completion-constrained rate of 41.3 million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD) and 246 barrels of condensate per day (BCPD).
Phongsthorn Thavisin, president and chief executive, said the achievement affirms PTTEP’s strategy to organically increase reserves from exploration activities.
The discovery will require further drilling to confirm upside potential. The Sarawak SK410B project is located in shallow waters, about 90 kilometres off the coast of Sarawak, with an acreage of 1,870 sq km.
The consortium consists of PTTEP HKO (the operator), Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co and Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, with participating interests of 42.5%, 42.5% and 15% respectively.
(Source and image: Bangkok Post)
- OFFSHORE PROJECT SANCTIONING IN 2019 SURPASSED THE $50 BILLION MARK 19th July 2019
- SO LONG ROWAN, SO LONG ENSCO – WELCOME TO VALARIS 04th July 2019
- LARGEST GAS FIND EVER FOR THAILAND’S PTTEP OFFSHORE SARAWAK 01st July 2019
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019