LM WIND POWER TO OPEN TURBINE BLADE FACTORY IN CHERBOURG
LM Wind Power, a leading, global manufacturer of wind turbine blades will open a new wind turbine blade factory dedicated to the offshore market in Cherbourg, Normandy, France. The factory will be built on a site developed by Ports Normands Associés (PNA), a port authority that includes the Normandy region and the Manche Department. Ground breaking will begin in March 2017 and production is expected to commence from June 2018. Ultimately, the company expects to employ over 550 people, with as many as 2,000 further indirect jobs resulting in the local area. This facility will have the capability to produce the longest blade in the world, the LM 88.4 P. This blade factory project for the offshore wind market in Cherbourg benefits from strong support from the Normandy authorities. Ports Normand Associés (PNA) has invested heavily to prepare the port in order to welcome industrial companies such as LM Wind Power to develop renewable marine energy.
LM Wind Power, based in Kolding, Denmark, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain and the United States. The company has produced more than 185,000 blades since 1978. (Source and image: LM Wind Power / LM pilot plant in Lunderskov, Denmark)
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021
- BAKER HUGHES SDS AND MHWIRTH FORM GLOBAL OFFSHORE DRILLING EQUIPMENT COMPANY 04th October 2021