LNG TO REPLACE DIESEL FOR POWER GENERATION AT PILGANGOORA LITHIUM EXTRACTION SITE
Woodside has signed a Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Pilgangoora Operations, a 100%-owned subsidiary of Pilbara Minerals, for the supply of Domestic LNG from the Pluto Truck Loading Facility. Supply under the SPA will commence in the fourth quarter of 2024 for a period of five years. The average volume to be supplied is 3.4 terajoules/day. The LNG is to be used at Pilbara Minerals’ Pilgangoora lithium operation, located 300 kilometres east of Karratha, where it will replace diesel for power generation. The Pilgangoora operation is one of the world’s largest hard rock lithium deposits.
The LNG will be supplied on an ex-works basis from the Pluto Truck Loading Facility at Woodside’s Pluto LNG Facility on the Burrup Peninsula in Western Australia.
(Source: Woodside – Image: Pilgangoora lithium operation/Pilbara Minerals)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024