LUFTTRANSPORT WILL OPERATE TWO NEW SAR HELICOPTERS FOR EQUINOR
Equinor has awarded Lufttransport RW AS a contract to operate two new search and rescue helicopters (SAR) for the Troll and Oseberg area. Lufttransport will be the third helicopter operator qualifying for assignments on the NCS.
The two helicopters will be taken over by Lufttransport RW AS in the second quarter of 2025 and will be ready for operation from 2026. The helicopters to be used are Leonardo AW 139 machines, qualified for flying on the NCS. AW 139 is widely used in the offshore industry globally, including on the UK continental shelf, for search and rescue services in Sweden, and by the Norwegian Air Ambulance here at home.
The new helicopters will be part of the SAR emergency response system and carry out assignments in the Troll and Oseberg area in the northern North Sea.
One helicopter will be stationed at the Oseberg field centre. The other helicopter is a back-up SAR machine that will be stationed at the heliport at Flesland. This helicopter will be used for passenger traffic to and from Equinor installations. The new helicopters will supplement the two Sikorsky S-92 machines that currently perform these tasks.
Lufttransport RW AS is a Norwegian-owned company based in Tromsø.
(Source and image: Equinor)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024