LUKOIL AND KAZMUNAYGAS JOIN FORCES IN THE CASPIAN SEA
President of PJSC Lukoil Vagit Alekperov and Chairman of the Management Board of JSC NC KazMunayGas Alik Aidarbayev signed agreements on joint cooperation and financing of the Zhenis project in the Kazakhstan’s sector of the Caspian Sea. The documents set the terms of the block’s development.
The next step will be the negotiations with the competent authority of the Republic of Kazakhstan to qualify for the exploration and production at the block.
The new Caspian project is an important milestone in terms of expanding of the Company’s resource base in the strategically important region, where the Company has already gained significant competencies.
Zhenis block, with 6848 sq.km, is located in the Kazakhstani sector of the Caspian Sea at a depth of 75-100 m, at 80km distance from the coast and 180km away from the port of Aktau.
Lukoil has been successfully operating in Kazakhstan since 1995. The Company is involved in the development of Tengiz, Karachaganak and Kumkol fields, is also a party to the joint venture to develop Tsentralnoye field in the Caspian Sea and is a member of the Caspian Pipeline Consortium. (Source: Lukoil)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018