LUKOIL AND KAZMUNAYGAS JOIN FORCES IN THE CASPIAN SEA
President of PJSC Lukoil Vagit Alekperov and Chairman of the Management Board of JSC NC KazMunayGas Alik Aidarbayev signed agreements on joint cooperation and financing of the Zhenis project in the Kazakhstan’s sector of the Caspian Sea. The documents set the terms of the block’s development.
The next step will be the negotiations with the competent authority of the Republic of Kazakhstan to qualify for the exploration and production at the block.
The new Caspian project is an important milestone in terms of expanding of the Company’s resource base in the strategically important region, where the Company has already gained significant competencies.
Zhenis block, with 6848 sq.km, is located in the Kazakhstani sector of the Caspian Sea at a depth of 75-100 m, at 80km distance from the coast and 180km away from the port of Aktau.
Lukoil has been successfully operating in Kazakhstan since 1995. The Company is involved in the development of Tengiz, Karachaganak and Kumkol fields, is also a party to the joint venture to develop Tsentralnoye field in the Caspian Sea and is a member of the Caspian Pipeline Consortium. (Source: Lukoil)
- YELLOWTAIL-1 BECOMES 13th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 19th April 2019
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE ANADARKO FOR $33 BILLION 13th April 2019
- ENSCO ROWAN BECOMES WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE DRILLING COMPANY BY FLEET SIZE 12th April 2019
- GLOBAL DISCOVERIES OF CONVENTION RESOURCES ON THE RISE IN 2019 09th April 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP KAOMBO SUL FPSO IN ANGOLAN DEEPWATER 02nd April 2019