MAERSK DEVELOPER AWARDED ONE WELL CONTRACT BY PETRONAS SURINAME
Maersk Drilling has secured a contract for the semi-submersible rig Mærsk Developer which will be employed by PETRONAS Suriname Exploration & Production B.V. for a one-well exploration campaign in Block 52 offshore Suriname. The contract is expected to commence in Q3/Q4 2020, with an estimated duration of 75 days. The value of the firm contract is approximately USD 20.4m, including integrated drilling services, mobilisation and demobilisation fees. The contract includes an additional one-well option.
“It is great to work for PETRONAS again with a quick reactivation of Mærsk Developer for this campaign in the exciting Suriname-Guyana basin. This will showcase our ability to smoothly and efficiently establish operations in new jurisdictions, as Mærsk Developer will become the first of our rigs to operate offshore Suriname,” says COO Morten Kelstrup of Maersk Drilling.
The Mærsk Developer is a DSS-21 column-stabilised dynamically positioned semi-submersible rig, able to operate in water depths up to 10,000ft. It is currently warm-stacked in Aruba after ending its latest contract offshore Trinidad and Tobago.
(Source and image: Maersk Drilling)
- DID EON MUSK’ SPACEX BUY THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLES ENSCO 8500 AND ENSCO 8501? 20th January 2021
- TOTAL AND APACHE ANNOUNCE FOURTH DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 14th January 2021
- PACIFIC DRILLING COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11 05th January 2021
- ENI AWARDED OPERATORSHIP OF ONE OF ABU DHABI’S LARGEST OFSSHORE CONCESSIONS 23rd December 2020
- RELIANCE FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM ASIA’S DEEPEST PROJECT OFF THE EAST COAST OF INDIA 21st December 2020