MAERSK DEVELOPER AWARDED ONE WELL CONTRACT BY PETRONAS SURINAME
Maersk Drilling has secured a contract for the semi-submersible rig Mærsk Developer which will be employed by PETRONAS Suriname Exploration & Production B.V. for a one-well exploration campaign in Block 52 offshore Suriname. The contract is expected to commence in Q3/Q4 2020, with an estimated duration of 75 days. The value of the firm contract is approximately USD 20.4m, including integrated drilling services, mobilisation and demobilisation fees. The contract includes an additional one-well option.
“It is great to work for PETRONAS again with a quick reactivation of Mærsk Developer for this campaign in the exciting Suriname-Guyana basin. This will showcase our ability to smoothly and efficiently establish operations in new jurisdictions, as Mærsk Developer will become the first of our rigs to operate offshore Suriname,” says COO Morten Kelstrup of Maersk Drilling.
The Mærsk Developer is a DSS-21 column-stabilised dynamically positioned semi-submersible rig, able to operate in water depths up to 10,000ft. It is currently warm-stacked in Aruba after ending its latest contract offshore Trinidad and Tobago.
(Source and image: Maersk Drilling)
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020