MAERSK DRILLING SECURES ONE-WELL CONTRACT IN THE UK NORTH SEA WITH SHELL
Maersk Drilling has secured a contract from Shell UK Ltd for the provision of the harsh-environment jack-up rig Maersk Resilient for the drilling of the Pensacola well in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The contract is expected to commence in the second half of 2022, in direct continuation of the rig’s previous work scope with Nederlandse Aardolie Maatschappij (NAM), with an estimated duration of approximately two months.
“We’re delighted to announce this contract which firms up Maersk Resilient’s drilling programme for most of 2022 and will allow the Resilient team to build even further on the excellent collaboration that was established with NAM and the Shell organisation during last year’s campaign at Galleon,” says COO Morten Kelstrup of Maersk Drilling.
Maersk Resilient is a 350 ft., Gusto-engineered MSC CJ 50 high-efficiency jack-up rig which was delivered in 2008. It is currently operating for NAM in the Dutch sector of the North Sea. The jackup built in Singapore at Keppel’s Pioneer Yard was delivered in 2008.
(Source and image: Maersk Drilling)
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA THIS YEAR 27th July 2022
- THE SHARP DROP OF RECOVERABLE OIL WORLDWIDE TREATENS GLOBAL ENERGY SECURITY 09th July 2022
- ROSNEFT REPORTS LARGE OIL DISCOVERY IN THE PECHORA SEA 07th July 2022
- SINGAPORE – SEMCORP MARINE DELIVERS WORLD’S FIRST EIGHT GENERATION DRILLSHIP 30th June 2022
- SONATRACH MAKES IMPORTANT GAS AND CONDENSATE DISCOVERY IN HASSI R’MEL AREA 29th June 2022