MAERSK DRILLING TO DRILL ONE MORE WELL FOR TOTAL OFFSHORE SURINAME
Total E&P Suriname, Suriname Branch has exercised an option to add the drilling of one additional appraisal well in Suriname’s Block 58 to the work scope of the semi-submersible rig Maersk Developer. The contract extension has an estimated duration of 100 days, with work expected to commence in end-May 2021 in direct continuation of the rig’s previously agreed work scope. The contract value of the extension is approximately USD 20m, including integrated services provided.
Built at Pioneer Yard in Singapore by Keppel Maersk Developer is a Gusto MSC DSS-21 column-stabilized, dynamically positioned semi-submersible rig, able to operate in water depths up to 10,000 ft. It was delivered in 2009.
(Source and image: Total – Maersk Developer semi-submersible drilling rig)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023