MAERSK SUPPLY SERVICE AND GUSTO MSC TO DESIGN NEXT GENERATION WIND INSTALLATION VESSEL
Maersk Supply Service has entered a collaboration with GustoMSC to design the next generation of wind installation vessel. The aim is to create an upgraded version that is fit for purpose for the growing offshore wind market in Europe.
The new design will build on the same patent and characteristics of the current feeder concept, which was designed to operate in US waters. This unique patented design will allow the jack-up Wind installation vessel to stay on location at the wind park, while only tugs and barges sail back and forth from port to collect the wind turbine tower, nacelle, and blades. This concept is cost-competitive and expected to be more than 30% more efficient than conventional jack-up vessels.
Additionally, this solution will be less weather dependent, enabling continuous installations year-round. Combined, these elements will contribute to improving operational efficiency and lower levelised costs of energy from offshore wind.
Maersk Supply Service and GuscoMSC will start the basic design process shortly and expect to conclude it later in 2023.
(Source and image: Maersk Supply Service)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024