MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PROPOSES NEW PIPELINE FROM PERMIAN AND EAGLE FORD
Magellan Midstream Partners intends to develop a new pipeline and has launched an open season to assess customer interest to transport various grades of crude oil and condensate from the Permian and Eagle Ford Basins to multiple destinations in the Corpus Christi and Houston, Texas markets, including Magellan’s existing crude oil terminals in these markets.
The proposed project would include construction of an approximately 375-mile, 24-inch diameter pipeline from Crane to a location near Three Rivers, Texas, providing shippers the option to ultimately deliver crude oil and condensate from the Three Rivers area to the Houston area via a new 200-mile pipeline or to the Corpus Christi area via a new 70-mile pipeline. The potential pipeline system is expected to have an initial capacity of at least 350,000 barrels per day (bpd) with the ability to expand up to 600,000 bpd for each destination, if warranted by industry demand.
Additional pipeline extensions are being considered for Midland and Orla, Texas in the Permian Basin and Gardendale and Helena, Texas in the Eagle Ford Basin. Magellan previously announced the construction of a 60-mile, 24-inch Delaware Basin pipeline to deliver crude oil and condensate from Wink to Crane.
Subject to receipt of all necessary permits and approvals, the proposed pipeline could be operational by the end of 2019.
Magellan Midstream Partners is a publicly traded partnership that primarily transports, stores and distributes refined petroleum products and crude oil. The partnership owns the longest refined petroleum products pipeline system in the country, with access to nearly 50% of the nation’s refining capacity, and can store approximately 100 million barrels of petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel fuel and crude oil. (Source: Magellan)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018