MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PROPOSES NEW PIPELINE FROM PERMIAN AND EAGLE FORD
Magellan Midstream Partners intends to develop a new pipeline and has launched an open season to assess customer interest to transport various grades of crude oil and condensate from the Permian and Eagle Ford Basins to multiple destinations in the Corpus Christi and Houston, Texas markets, including Magellan’s existing crude oil terminals in these markets.
The proposed project would include construction of an approximately 375-mile, 24-inch diameter pipeline from Crane to a location near Three Rivers, Texas, providing shippers the option to ultimately deliver crude oil and condensate from the Three Rivers area to the Houston area via a new 200-mile pipeline or to the Corpus Christi area via a new 70-mile pipeline. The potential pipeline system is expected to have an initial capacity of at least 350,000 barrels per day (bpd) with the ability to expand up to 600,000 bpd for each destination, if warranted by industry demand.
Additional pipeline extensions are being considered for Midland and Orla, Texas in the Permian Basin and Gardendale and Helena, Texas in the Eagle Ford Basin. Magellan previously announced the construction of a 60-mile, 24-inch Delaware Basin pipeline to deliver crude oil and condensate from Wink to Crane.
Subject to receipt of all necessary permits and approvals, the proposed pipeline could be operational by the end of 2019.
Magellan Midstream Partners is a publicly traded partnership that primarily transports, stores and distributes refined petroleum products and crude oil. The partnership owns the longest refined petroleum products pipeline system in the country, with access to nearly 50% of the nation’s refining capacity, and can store approximately 100 million barrels of petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel fuel and crude oil. (Source: Magellan)
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- BORR DRILLING READY FOR THE RECOVERY IN JACKUP MARKET 20th June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- 200th LNG CARGO FROM GNLG IN CURTIS ISLAND 07th June 2018
- NOV ACQUIRES DUTCH RIG ENGINEERING FIRM GustoMSC 04th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018