MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT BALLYMORE IN THE MISSISSIPPI CANYON
Chevron Corporation announced a significant oil discovery at the Ballymore prospect in the deepwater U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Ballymore is located in the Mississippi Canyon area of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, approximately three miles from Chevron’s Blind Faith platform, in water depth of 6,536 feet. The initial Ballymore well reached total measured depth of 29,194 feet and encountered more than 670 feet net oil pay with excellent reservoir and fluid characteristics. A sidetrack well is currently being drilled to further assess the discovery and begin to define development options.
“The Gulf of Mexico deepwater is an integral part of our company’s long-term strategy,” said Jeff Shellebarger, President of Chevron North America Exploration and Production. “This discovery is an important addition to our portfolio, especially with its combination of size, quality and proximity to existing infrastructure.”
The Ballymore well was drilled by Pacific Drilling’s Sharav deepwater drillship.
Chevron subsidiary Chevron U.S.A. Inc. is the operator with a 60 percent working interest in the Ballymore prospect. The co-owner is TOTAL E&P USA Inc. (40 percent). (Source and image: Chevron)
- DORADO: ONE OF THE LARGEST OIL RESOURCES EVER FOUND ON THE AUSTRALIAN NORTH WEST SHELF 22nd August 2018
- PACIFIC DRILLING DRILLSHIPS BACK TO WORK AT LOW DAYRATES 20th August 2018
- MAERSK DRILLING TO BECOME A STAND ALONE COMPANY 17th August 2018
- ICHTHYS LNG PROJECT COMMENCES PRODUCTION 31st July 2018
- KAOMBO, LARGEST DEEP OFFSHORE DEVELOPMENT IN ANGOLA ON STREAM 30th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018