MCDERMOTT AWARDED DECOMMISSIONING CONTRACT IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
McDermott has been awarded a sizeable (between USD $1 million and USD $50M million) engineering, procurement, removal and disposal contract by Santos. The offshore decommissioning award is for the full removal and disposal of the Campbell platform structure, which is part of the Varanus Island Hub offshore infrastructure in Western Australia.
Under the contract scope, McDermott will provide project management and engineering services for the removal and transportation of the platform topsides, substructure and associated items to an Project management and engineering will be executed by McDermott’s team in Perth, Australia, with support from Batam, Indonesia and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The decommissioning of the Campbell platform is the fourth decommissioning project executed by McDermott in Australia in the last two years.
onshore facility, where it will be dismantled and disposed.
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024