MCDERMOTT AWARDED EGINEERING CONTRACT FOR QATAR’S NORTH FIELD SOUTH PROJECT
McDermott International announced it has been awarded a contract from Qatargas to deliver front-end engineering and design (FEED) work for Qatar Petroleum’s North Field South (NFS) project.
“For more than 30 years, McDermott has executed projects in Qatar’s North Field, and we will leverage our experience and local resources to successfully deliver this project,” said Tareq Kawash, McDermott Senior Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa. “As oil and gas field development continues in the region, we are poised to build on this initial work to further support Qatargas as they progress the subsequent phases of the NFS project.”
The contract scope includes the replication of five offshore wellhead platforms. The FEED contract will be executed from McDermott’s Doha office and work will begin immediately.
North Field, the world’s biggest single non-associated natural gas field, lies offshore north-east Qatar peninsula. Discovered in 1971, the field owned by Qatar Petroleum is operated by Qatargas
North Field South is the second phase of the North Field expansion.
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023