MCDERMOTT BAGS YPF CONTRACT FOR VACA MUERTA LNG IN ARGENTINA
McDermott International announced it has been awarded an important contract by Argentina-based YPF, S.A. to provide pre-front-end engineering design (Pre-FEED) services for a five million tonnes per annum (MTPA) LNG Liquefaction Facility, with a potential expansion to 10 MTPA, at the Vaca Muerta Shale field in Argentina.
The giant Vaca Muerta formation in Argentina is one of the world’s biggest unconventional finds of the last several years. The mineral composition of its organic-rich source rock lends itself to hydraulic fracturing. Its petrophysical properties are also good: the rock is more porous than the unconventional deposits of North America and comes with an extensive existing network of natural fractures.
The scope of work is a continuation of a previous conceptual study developed for the YPF LNG Export Facility in Argentina under a contract in 2018. McDermott’s London office will provide engineering services while the Houston office will perform project management and estimation services.
“The award of this Pre-FEED project is a testimony of McDermott’s technical expertise in LNG and our successful partnership with YPF over the years,” said Mark Coscio, McDermott’s Senior Vice President for North, Central and South America. “Our experience as the EPC contractor for the Peru LNG Facility in which YPF was involved – combined with McDermott’s modularization capabilities – were key factors that made us uniquely qualified to win and execute this contract.”
The project will promote the development of the Vaca Muerta Shale field in The Neuquen region Argentina.
(Source: McDermott – Image: IEEFA)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020