MCDERMOTT BAGS YPF CONTRACT FOR VACA MUERTA LNG IN ARGENTINA
McDermott International announced it has been awarded an important contract by Argentina-based YPF, S.A. to provide pre-front-end engineering design (Pre-FEED) services for a five million tonnes per annum (MTPA) LNG Liquefaction Facility, with a potential expansion to 10 MTPA, at the Vaca Muerta Shale field in Argentina.
The giant Vaca Muerta formation in Argentina is one of the world’s biggest unconventional finds of the last several years. The mineral composition of its organic-rich source rock lends itself to hydraulic fracturing. Its petrophysical properties are also good: the rock is more porous than the unconventional deposits of North America and comes with an extensive existing network of natural fractures.
The scope of work is a continuation of a previous conceptual study developed for the YPF LNG Export Facility in Argentina under a contract in 2018. McDermott’s London office will provide engineering services while the Houston office will perform project management and estimation services.
“The award of this Pre-FEED project is a testimony of McDermott’s technical expertise in LNG and our successful partnership with YPF over the years,” said Mark Coscio, McDermott’s Senior Vice President for North, Central and South America. “Our experience as the EPC contractor for the Peru LNG Facility in which YPF was involved – combined with McDermott’s modularization capabilities – were key factors that made us uniquely qualified to win and execute this contract.”
The project will promote the development of the Vaca Muerta Shale field in The Neuquen region Argentina.
(Source: McDermott – Image: IEEFA)
- SAIPEM AND SUBSEA 7 – A POSSIBLE MERGER TO CREATE A GIANT 19th November 2019
- SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES AWARDED LARGEST EVER 4D CAMPAIGN IN THE ASIA PACIFIC 18th November 2019
- TOTAL FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM IARA IN THE SANTOS BASIN DEEPWATER 18th November 2019
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019