MCDERMOTT COMPLETES DESIGN OF LIQUID HYDROGEN SPHERE FOR NASA
McDermott International, Ltd announced that its CB&I Storage Solutions business has completed the design of a 40,000 cubic meter liquid hydrogen sphere as part of a study awarded by a leading natural gas producer earlier this year.
“Viable storage solutions play a critical role in supporting a large-scale hydrogen economy,” said Cesar Canals, Senior Vice President, CB&I Storage Solutions. “This study confirms the feasibility of scaling up liquid hydrogen solutions beyond what was previously thought possible and positions us to better serve our customers in this growing industry.”
The conceptual design for a double-wall liquid hydrogen sphere with a storage capacity of 40,000 cubic meters is approximately eight times larger than the world’s largest liquid hydrogen sphere currently under construction by CB&I Storage Solutions for NASA.
“This study is just the beginning of achieving what’s possible for liquid hydrogen storage,” said Samik Mukherjee, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. “We believe our engineering expertise will make a real, tangible difference in realizing the energy transition.”
CB&I Storage Solutions is the world’s leading designer and builder of storage facilities, tanks and terminals. With more than 59,000 structures completed throughout its 130-year history, CB&I Storage Solutions has the global expertise and strategically-located operations to provide its customers world-class storage solutions for even the most complex energy infrastructure projects.
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL WORLD RECORD WELL OFFSHORE ANGOLA 18th October 2021
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021