MCDERMOTT AND SAIPEM TO JOIN FORCES FOR RIO GRANDE LNG PROJECT
McDermott International plans to partner with the Italian oil and gas industry contractor Saipem to bid for NextDecade’s planned Rio Grande LNG project in Brownsville, Texas.
“Our joint bid with Saipem will feature optimized execution strategies that result in increased certainty on schedule and cost as compared to other LNG projects on the U.S. Gulf Coast,” said David Dickson, President and Chief Executive Officer of McDermott. “Pursuant to NextDecade’s competitive process, we plan to submit our joint EPC proposal in the second quarter of 2019.”
NextDecade’s Rio Grande LNG (RGLNG) is a natural gas liquefaction and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) export project. Located at the Port of Brownsville in South Texas, the Rio Grande LNG project is expected to be a leader among second wave U.S. LNG projects.
The project is located in a deepwater uncongested port and is in close proximity to the vast and low cost recoverable gas resources of the Eagle Ford and Permian Basin.
(Source: McDermott – Image: NextDecade)
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL WORLD RECORD WELL OFFSHORE ANGOLA 18th October 2021
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021