MEXICO: INPEX SECURES POSITION IN THE SALINA BASIN DEEPWATERS
Japan’s Inpex announced that through its subsidiary Inpex E&P Mexico, it has made a successful joint bid in Mexico’s second deep-water exploration bidding round (R2.4) to explore Block 22 APCS-G03 located in the Salina Basin in the Mexican sector of the southern Gulf of Mexico. The bidding consortium also involves Chevron Energía de México, and Pemex. INPEX will hold a 35% participating interest in the Block while Chevron, the operator, and PEMEX will hold participating interests of 37.5% and 27.5%, respectively.
The Block is the second block in the Mexican sector of the Gulf of Mexico in which the INPEX Group holds interests following Block 3 Perdido Fold Belt acquired in Mexico’s first deep-water exploration bidding round.
The Block is located in the Mexican sector of the southern Gulf of Mexico’s deep-water area, approximately 250 kilometers offshore Mexico. The Block covers an area of 2,879 square kilometers where the water depth ranges between approximately 1,400 and 2,300 meters. A number of oil fields including the Cantarell Oil Field have been discovered in the southern Gulf of Mexico’s shallow-water area due south of the deep-water area where the Block is located. The acquisition of the Block is expected to contribute to INPEX’s pursuit of the continuous enhancement of E&P activities, which is positioned as one of three growth targets outlined in the company’s “Medium- to Long-Term Vision.” Inpex is committed to further expanding its exploration and development activities in the Gulf of Mexico. (Source: Inpex)
- DORADO: ONE OF THE LARGEST OIL RESOURCES EVER FOUND ON THE AUSTRALIAN NORTH WEST SHELF 22nd August 2018
- PACIFIC DRILLING DRILLSHIPS BACK TO WORK AT LOW DAYRATES 20th August 2018
- MAERSK DRILLING TO BECOME A STAND ALONE COMPANY 17th August 2018
- ICHTHYS LNG PROJECT COMMENCES PRODUCTION 31st July 2018
- KAOMBO, LARGEST DEEP OFFSHORE DEVELOPMENT IN ANGOLA ON STREAM 30th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018