MEXICO: KONGSBERG TO UPGRADE 3 SEACOR PSV’s
Kongsberg has received an order to deliver unique ‘Full Picture’ technology upgrades for a further three Platform Supply Vessels (PSV) owned by Mantenimiento Express Marítimo SAPI de CV (MEXMAR), Seacor Marine’s joint venture in Mexico. The contract follows the September 2017 contract for the same ground-breaking upgrade package on the Seacor Maya PSV, which was an important step taken by Mexmar towards meeting the increasing industry demand to reduce the environmental footprint of offshore operations.
Under the new contract, Kongsberg will deliver and install a state-of-the-art hybrid power and DP upgrade designed to significantly enhance energy efficiency on board Seacor Azteca, Seacor Warrior and SeacorViking. With Seacor Maya’s conversion starting this January, and the follow-up vessel conversions expected to be completed by July 2018, Mexmar will soon be the only PSV owner in the Americas able to help its clients meet strict environmental regulations for decreasing CO2, NOx and SOx emissions.
While delivering unique environmental benefits for Mexmar charter clients Kongsberg’s hybrid power and DP solution adds safety and efficiency beyond conventional energy storage, in addition to enabling tangible operational cost savings through reduced fuel consumption. As a single supplier for the upgrades, Kongsberg’s responsibility includes supply and full integration of the energy storage system with a custom designed Energy Control System (ECS), and the existing Dynamic Positioning (K-Pos DP-22) and Integrated Automation System (K-Chief 700 IAS), both of which will be upgraded as part of the contract. (Source: Kongsberg)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023