MEXICO – WOOD TO PROVIDE ENGINEERING OF TRION FPU TOPSIDES FACILITIES
Wood has secured a contract from HD Hyundai Heavy Industries for detailed engineering of the topsides facilities on Woodside Energy’s Trion Floating Production Unit (FPU) in Mexican waters of the Gulf of Mexico. When complete, Trion will have a production capacity of 100,000 barrels per day and connect to a 950,000 barrel capacity floating storage and offloading vessel.
This greenfield development will represent the first deepwater development in Mexico at a water depth of 2,500 meters. HD Hyundai Heavy Industries is the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) provider for the FPU and Wood’s latest award follows the delivery of the Trion pre-FEED and FEED design.
Wood’s teams in Houston (US) and Bogota (Colombia) will deliver the detailed topsides design work for the FPU project over the next three years. In the last decade, Wood has designed more than 50% of topside facilities in the Gulf of Mexico today.
(Source: Wood – Image: Trion FPU rendering/Woodside)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024