MHI VESTAS V164 9 MW TYPHOON READY WIND TURBINE
Sending a signal to developers and policymakers that it will be ready for early projects in Taiwan, MHI Vestas signed its 5th MOU today with TECO and The Switch for the delivery of generator products. The company also confirms that its 9 MW turbine platform will be typhoon ready in 2020, in time for all offshore wind projects in the market.
Regarding the MOU signing, MHI Vestas Co-CEO Lars Bondo Krogsgaard said, “Signing the MOU today with industrial leaders TECO and The Switch is a very important step for us in the rollout of our localisation plan. We have been quite impressed with their capabilities and very much look forward to advancing our discussions with them.”
“TECO has been engaged in wind power for years, mainly for producing onshore wind turbine generators,” said Sophia Chiu, TECO chairman. “Only via local assembly of wind turbines by system manufacturers in Taiwan can a local supply chain be established, leading to the localisation of related technology, manufacturing, and maintenance capabilities. Together with our partners, TECO will target not only Taiwan but also other global markets, including Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia and Asia-Pacific markets.”
In addition to the key MOU signing, MHI Vestas also declares its technology will be ready for the harsh conditions in Taiwan.
Lars Bondo Krogsgaard: “From a technology point of view, we’re proud to announce that our 9 MW turbine platform will be typhoon ready by 2020, putting us in a leading position for the early projects in Taiwan and ensuring that our turbine will be ready for the demanding Taiwanese site conditions.”
Working closely with DNV GL as the certifying body as well as customers, MHI Vestas will input the region’s harsh typhoon conditions into the design and development process. (Source: MHI Vestas)
- TIDEWATER AND GULFMARK TO MERGE 16th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018
- BP: START-UP OF SHAH DENIZ 2 OFFSHORE AZERBAIJAN 04th July 2018
- GENERAL ELECTRIC TO SPIN OFF BAKER HUGHES AND GE HEALTHCARE 27th June 2018
- GE AND EDF TO CONSTRUCT SIX EPR’s IN INDIA 27th June 2018
- USGS: EAGLE FORD HOLDS 8.5 BILLION BARRELS OF UNDISCOVERED OIL 25th June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018