MHI VESTAS V164 9 MW TYPHOON READY WIND TURBINE
Sending a signal to developers and policymakers that it will be ready for early projects in Taiwan, MHI Vestas signed its 5th MOU today with TECO and The Switch for the delivery of generator products. The company also confirms that its 9 MW turbine platform will be typhoon ready in 2020, in time for all offshore wind projects in the market.
Regarding the MOU signing, MHI Vestas Co-CEO Lars Bondo Krogsgaard said, “Signing the MOU today with industrial leaders TECO and The Switch is a very important step for us in the rollout of our localisation plan. We have been quite impressed with their capabilities and very much look forward to advancing our discussions with them.”
“TECO has been engaged in wind power for years, mainly for producing onshore wind turbine generators,” said Sophia Chiu, TECO chairman. “Only via local assembly of wind turbines by system manufacturers in Taiwan can a local supply chain be established, leading to the localisation of related technology, manufacturing, and maintenance capabilities. Together with our partners, TECO will target not only Taiwan but also other global markets, including Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia and Asia-Pacific markets.”
In addition to the key MOU signing, MHI Vestas also declares its technology will be ready for the harsh conditions in Taiwan.
Lars Bondo Krogsgaard: “From a technology point of view, we’re proud to announce that our 9 MW turbine platform will be typhoon ready by 2020, putting us in a leading position for the early projects in Taiwan and ensuring that our turbine will be ready for the demanding Taiwanese site conditions.”
Working closely with DNV GL as the certifying body as well as customers, MHI Vestas will input the region’s harsh typhoon conditions into the design and development process. (Source: MHI Vestas)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018