MHI VESTAS V164 9 MW TYPHOON READY WIND TURBINE
Sending a signal to developers and policymakers that it will be ready for early projects in Taiwan, MHI Vestas signed its 5th MOU today with TECO and The Switch for the delivery of generator products. The company also confirms that its 9 MW turbine platform will be typhoon ready in 2020, in time for all offshore wind projects in the market.
Regarding the MOU signing, MHI Vestas Co-CEO Lars Bondo Krogsgaard said, “Signing the MOU today with industrial leaders TECO and The Switch is a very important step for us in the rollout of our localisation plan. We have been quite impressed with their capabilities and very much look forward to advancing our discussions with them.”
“TECO has been engaged in wind power for years, mainly for producing onshore wind turbine generators,” said Sophia Chiu, TECO chairman. “Only via local assembly of wind turbines by system manufacturers in Taiwan can a local supply chain be established, leading to the localisation of related technology, manufacturing, and maintenance capabilities. Together with our partners, TECO will target not only Taiwan but also other global markets, including Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia and Asia-Pacific markets.”
In addition to the key MOU signing, MHI Vestas also declares its technology will be ready for the harsh conditions in Taiwan.
Lars Bondo Krogsgaard: “From a technology point of view, we’re proud to announce that our 9 MW turbine platform will be typhoon ready by 2020, putting us in a leading position for the early projects in Taiwan and ensuring that our turbine will be ready for the demanding Taiwanese site conditions.”
Working closely with DNV GL as the certifying body as well as customers, MHI Vestas will input the region’s harsh typhoon conditions into the design and development process. (Source: MHI Vestas)
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020