MOL BAGS CHARTER CONTRACT OF FOUR CARRIERS FOR YAMAL LNG
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines announced that the company had signed a long-term charter contract for four LNG carriers with the tank capacity of 174,000m3, which will be delivered and serve on Yamal LNG project in 2019 and 2020 onwards, through a wholly-owned subsidiary of MOL. The four contracted carriers will serve as a transport of LNG transshipped by the project from Europe.
While demand for LNG transport will greatly grow, by leveraging experience and know-how as owners of one of the world’s largest LNG carrier fleets and its management company, MOL Group continually takes a proactive stance in meeting customer needs in an appropriate manner and providing high-quality LNG transport services.
YAMAL LNG located deep in the Russian Arctic, is an integrated project encompassing natural gas production, liquefaction and shipping. The Project consists of construction of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant with an output capacity of around 16.5 million tons per year, using the South Tambey Field as a resource base. The field’s proven and probable reserves are estimated at 926 billion cubic meters. (Source: MOL)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020