MOORING OF FLOATGEN WIND TURBINE COMPLETED IN FRANCE
The mooring system components were assembled and installed on the SEM-REV test site which will host Floatgen, 22 kilometers off the coast of Le Croisic in western France. This highly innovative system was conceived and engineered by Ideol, the internationally recognized leader in floating offshore wind. It is composed of 6 nylon mooring lines, a worldwide premiere for a permanent mooring system of such dimensions.
This installation took place as the construction of the concrete floating foundation built by Bouygues Travaux Publics in Saint-Nazaire is coming to an end. Once equipped with the wind turbine, the complete unit is expected to be tugged before the end of the year towards SEM-REV, the world’s 1st multiple MRE technology test site connected to the grid.
Destined to equip other MRE systems, the mooring system designed by Ideol must satisfy two sometimes contradictory requirements:
• a cost-competitive manufacturing and installation enabling the production of electricity at the lowest possible cost
• the weathering of extreme environmental conditions such as high swell, biofooling, storms…
• The engineering teams will monitor this innovative system during the entire project’s lifetime whilst several R&D projects are already underway to analyze and perhaps even improve this pioneering mooring system’s performance. (Source and image: Floatgen)
- NORWEGIAN TYCOON JOHN FREDERIKSEN STANDS DOWN AS SEADRILL CHAIRMAN 22nd November 2019
- SAIPEM AND SUBSEA 7 – A POSSIBLE MERGER TO CREATE A GIANT 19th November 2019
- SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES AWARDED LARGEST EVER 4D CAMPAIGN IN THE ASIA PACIFIC 18th November 2019
- TOTAL FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM IARA IN THE SANTOS BASIN DEEPWATER 18th November 2019
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019