NAKILAT EXPANDS ITS FLEET WITH SIX NEW GAS CARRIERS
Nakilat (Qatar Gas Transport Company), a global leader in LNG shipping and maritime transportation, announced a strategic shipping expansion through a significant vessel acquisition. Nakilat has placed orders with Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries (HSHI) of South Korea for the construction of six gas vessels (two cutting-edge LNG carriers with a cargo capacity of 174,000 cubic meters each and four modern Very Large LPG/ Ammonia Gas carriers, with a substantial cargo capacity of 88,000 cubic meters.) These modern vessels are set to be delivered between 2026 and 2027.
The new LNG carriers and LPG carriers will embody the latest technologies, showcasing advanced environmentally friendly and efficient propulsion systems through fuel-saving devices, reinforcing Nakilat’s commitment to sustainable and eco-conscious shipping solutions.
Upon delivery, Nakilat’s LNG fleet will expand to 71 vessels, and the LPG fleet will grow to 8 vessels with the addition of the 4 new vessels. This latest addition to Nakilat’s ever-expanding fleet not only signifies an increase in capacity and flexibility for its esteemed customers but also reinforces the company’s pioneering role in the energy transportation sector. Once these vessels are operational, they will further cement Nakilat’s position as a global leader in the gas shipping and regasification industry.
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024