NAVAL ENERGIES AND HITACHI ZOSEN TO COLLABORATE IN FLOATING WIND ENERGY
Naval Energies, a leader in Marine Renewable Energies in France and Hitachi Zosen Corporation, a leading developer and manufacturer of renewable energies in Japan, announced their cooperation in the field of floating wind energy.
The project between the two companies is based on a feasibility study to jointly design and build floating wind turbines with a capacity of several hundred megawatts using Naval Energies’ semi-submersible floater solution off the Japanese coast.
Takashi Fujita, General Manager of Wind Power Business Unit at Hitachi Zosen Corporation said: “Among all floaters developed in the world, we consider that Naval Energies’ semi-submersible floater, which has many advantages, is one of the best on the market. We appreciate that Naval Energies is participating with us in this feasibility study and we hope that Naval Energies and Hitachi Zosen will
contribute to the development of an industrial floating wind energy industry in Japan.”
Laurent Schneider-Maunoury, President of Naval Energies said: “We are very proud to have been selected by Hitachi Zosen for this study and look forward to continuing our collaboration with the objective of becoming an industrial partner for the design and manufacture of floaters. The environmental conditions in Japan are very favourable for the installation of this technology and we have all the necessary know-how for the local development of this new industrial sector. We hope that this step is the first of a long-lasting and fruitful collaboration between our two companies.”
(Source: Naval Energies)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023