NEOLINE TO LAUNCH CONSTRUCTION OF ITS FIRST SAILING CARGO SHIP
Neoline Armateur based in Nantes, France, announces the effective launch of the construction of its first Neoliner. The ship will be built in Turkey by RMK Marine and will be the first one equipped with a SolidSail rigging system, supplied by Chantiers de l’Atlantique in France.
With a budget of more than 60 million euros, the financing of the first Neoliner was achieved, for the equity part, thanks to the CMA CGM Group, ADEME Investissement, Neoline Développement, Corsica Ferries and Louis Hardy SAS (a Saint-Pierre-and-Miquelon company).
The 136-meter-long Ro-Ro vessel Neoliner, with two 76-meter-high SolidSail folding carbon masts and retractable anti-drift plans, will be mainly propelled by its
3000sqm sail area. For port maneuvers and punctuality of service, the vessel will also be equipped with an auxiliary engine and MGO (Marine Gasoil) desulfurized
Its loading capacity will be 1200 linear meters (2.8m wide), or 265 TEU, for a maximum weight of 5300 tons of goods.
Its crew will be composed of 13 people (it can be increased to 20 in order to embark trainees and technicians) and the vessel will comfortably accommodate 12 passengers in 6 double cabins.
(Source and image: Neoline)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023