NEW AREVA AND CNNC TO LAUNCH USED NUCLEAR FUEL TREATMENT PLANT
New AREVA and its Chinese partner China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) signed today in Beijing, in the presence of the President of the People’s Republic of China, Mr. Xi Jinping, and the President of the French Republic, Mr. Emmanuel Macron, a memorandum of commercial agreement for the Chinese commercial used nuclear fuel treatment-recycling plant project.
Through this memorandum, New AREVA and CNNC reaffirm their mutual commitment to complete the negotiations of the contract for the Chinese commercial used fuel treatment-recycling plant project at the soonest, to launch the project in 2018, and acknowledge the substantial progress made in the negotiation during the past few months. The Chinese treatment-recycling plant (800 tons capacity) will be built on the model of the La Hague and Melox plants recognized for their proven technologies, highest standards of safety and security, and industrial performance.
Philippe Knoche, Chief Executive Officer of New AREVA, commented: “CNNC and New AREVA have stepped up their efforts to reach agreement on the contract and we are seeing today very positive results. I am looking forward to finalizing the negotiations soon, and starting the implementation of this landmark project with our partner CNNC in 2018.” (Source: New Areva)
- TIDEWATER AND GULFMARK TO MERGE 16th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018
- BP: START-UP OF SHAH DENIZ 2 OFFSHORE AZERBAIJAN 04th July 2018
- GENERAL ELECTRIC TO SPIN OFF BAKER HUGHES AND GE HEALTHCARE 27th June 2018
- GE AND EDF TO CONSTRUCT SIX EPR’s IN INDIA 27th June 2018
- USGS: EAGLE FORD HOLDS 8.5 BILLION BARRELS OF UNDISCOVERED OIL 25th June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018