NEW CONTRACT FOR SEADRILL’S WEST CAPRICORN IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
Seadrill Partners LLC has secured a one well contract with Kosmos Energy Gulf of Mexico Operations, LLC, for the West Capricorn in the US Gulf of Mexico. Backlog for the contract is expected to be approximately $10 million and commencement is expected in Q4 2019.
West Capricorn is an ultra-deepwater semi-submersible capable to drill in water depths up to 10,000 ft. Delivered in 2011, the drilling rig was built by Semcorp Marine at Jurong shipyard in Singapore. West Capricorn rig has been under a contract in the Gulf of Mexico with BP since July 2017 until April 2019. West Capricorn is currently drilling in the Gulf of Mexico for LLOG Exploration Offshore.
Seadrill Partners LLC, headquartered in London and formed by Seadrill, was incorporated on June 28, 2012. The Company’s fleet includes the semi-submersibles, West Aquarius, West Capricorn, West Leo and West Sirius; the semi-tender rig West Vencedor; the tender rigs, T-15 and T-16, and drillships, such as West Auriga, West Vela, West Capella and West Polaris.
Kosmos Energy founded and based in Dallas, Texas, has a strong position in the Gulf of Mexico with significant and growing production from a range of high-margin assets located in the Mississippi Canyon and Garden Banks. The company’s other key assets include production offshore Ghana, Equatorial Guinea as well as a world-class gas development offshore Mauritania and Senegal.
(Source: Seadrill Partners)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020