NEW OIL FIND FOR PETROBRAS IN THE CAMPOS BASIN PRE-SALT
Petrobras informs that it has identified the presence of oil in the pioneer well of the Uirapuru block, located in the Santos Basin pre-salt.
The pioneer well is located about 200 km off the coast of the city of Santos (SP), at a water depth of 1,995 meters, with the discovery of oil in porous reservoirs in the exploratory prospect known informally as Araucária. The well data will be analyzed to better target the exploratory activities in the area and assess the potential of the discovery.
O Estado de Sao Paulo reported that the Uirapuru oil find could be the largest since the sub-salt discoveries in 2006.
The Uirapuru block, acquired in the 4th Production Sharing Round in June 2018, is inserted in the so-called Pre-salt Polygon, under a production sharing regime, having Pré-sal Petróleo S.A. (PPSA) as manager. Petrobras is the operator of the block and holds a 30% stake, in partnership with ExxonMobil (28%), Equinor (28%) and Petrogal (14%).
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020