NEWBUILD GASLOG WALES COMMENCES 12-YEAR CHARTER WITH JERA
GasLog Ltd. took delivery of the GasLog Wales, a 180,000 cubic meter cargo capacity LNG carrier with dual fuel medium speed propulsion (“X-DF”) and Mark III Flex Plus containment system. The vessel immediately commenced a 12-year charter with the principal LNG shipping entity of Japan’s Jera Co., Inc.
Paul Wogan, Chief Executive Officer of GasLog, stated “I am very pleased to announce the delivery of the GasLog Wales and commencement of her 12-year charter to JERA, one of the world’s largest LNG buyers. The vessel is the second of seven vessels we will be taking delivery of through the third quarter of 2021, representing approximately $145 million of incremental EBITDA per annum once fully delivered.
I want to thank our crew, site team and shore staff as well as our partners at Samsung for their hard work and dedication in delivering the GasLog Wales safely and on budget, despite the many challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.”
GasLog is an international owner based in Piraeus, Greece, operator and manager of LNG carriers providing support to international energy companies as part of their LNG logistics chain. GasLog’s consolidated fleet consists of 35 LNG carriers. Of these vessels, 19 (14 on the water and five on order) are owned by GasLog, one has been sold to a subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and leased back to GasLog under a long-term bareboat charter and the remaining 15 LNG carriers are owned by the Company’s subsidiary, GasLog Partners.
(Source and image: Gaslog)
- NOBLE CORPORATION FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 TO HANDLE 3.4 BILLION OF DEBT 04th August 2020
- VALARIS SELLS SIX DRILLING UNITS – FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY IS IMMINENT 03rd August 2020
- APACHE MAKES MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT KWASKWASI-1 OFFSHORE SURINAME 30th July 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER – THE MOST CHALLENGING QUARTER IN PAST DECADES 27th July 2020
- BAKER HUGHES REVENUE DOWN 21% YEAR-ON-YEAR 23rd July 2020
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE NOBLE ENERGY FOR $5 BILLION 21st July 2020
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS SINGLE LIFT RECORD AT JOTUN FIELD 20th July 2020
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020