NEWBUILD WEST MIRA TO COMMENCE OPERATIONS FOR WINTERSHALL
Northern Drilling advised that it will take delivery of the semi-submersible West Mira as a drilling contract has been secured with the German oil and gas explorer Wintershall.
The Norwegian billionaire John Frederiksen bought West Mira in March 2017. The Moss Maritime C-60Mk harsh-environment and ultra-deepwater semi-submersible was originally ordered by Seadrill. The drilling unit was built by Hyundai Heavy Industries at Samho shipyard in Mokpo, South Korea. Seadrill cancelled the contract in 2015, triggering an arbitration process.
Based in Hamilton, Bermuda, and incorporated in 2017, Northern Drilling is an international drilling contractor that owns two semi-submersible rigs, West Mira and Bollsta Dolphin. The two rigs are among the world’s most sophisticated high-end, harsh environment floaters. Through its management contract with Seadrill Ltd, Northern Drilling is secured safe and reliable operations from one of the world’s leading offshore drilling.contractors with operational experience from all major offshore basins. (Source: Northern Drilling)
- TOTAL REPORTS IMPORTANT DISCOVERY IN THE OUTENIQUA BASIN OFFSHORE SOUTH AFRICA 07th February 2019
- NEW OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA AT TILAPIA AND HAIMARA WELLS 07th February 2019
- THE WORLD’S MOST POPULATED CITIES IN 2035 02nd February 2019
- EXXONMOBIL LEADER OF THE OIL AND GAS EXPLORERS IN 2018 01st February 2019
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019