NEWBUILD WEST MIRA TO COMMENCE OPERATIONS FOR WINTERSHALL
Northern Drilling advised that it will take delivery of the semi-submersible West Mira as a drilling contract has been secured with the German oil and gas explorer Wintershall.
The Norwegian billionaire John Frederiksen bought West Mira in March 2017. The Moss Maritime C-60Mk harsh-environment and ultra-deepwater semi-submersible was originally ordered by Seadrill. The drilling unit was built by Hyundai Heavy Industries at Samho shipyard in Mokpo, South Korea. Seadrill cancelled the contract in 2015, triggering an arbitration process.
Based in Hamilton, Bermuda, and incorporated in 2017, Northern Drilling is an international drilling contractor that owns two semi-submersible rigs, West Mira and Bollsta Dolphin. The two rigs are among the world’s most sophisticated high-end, harsh environment floaters. Through its management contract with Seadrill Ltd, Northern Drilling is secured safe and reliable operations from one of the world’s leading offshore drilling.contractors with operational experience from all major offshore basins. (Source: Northern Drilling)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018