NEXEN SECURES COSLPIONEER FOR BUZZARD PHASE II PROJECT
COSL Drilling Europe has signed an agreement for the semi-submersible rig COSLPioneer for drilling at the Buzzard Phase II (BPII) Project for Nexen Petroleum in the UK sector.
The drilling campaign will commence in February 2019 and comprise at least 6 wells. The expected duration is around 16-18 months.
COSLPioneer is a mid-water semi-submersible built in China by Yantai CMIC Raffles and delivered in November 2010. The floater is currently undertaking a P&A campaign in the UK. The agreement with Nexen secures firm contract work for the rig until the third quarter of 2020.
The Buzzard field was discovered in 2001 and is located across Blocks 19/5a, 19/10, 20/1S and 20/6 approximately 100 km northeast of Aberdeen in the Outer Moray Firth. The field is currently producing via up to 35 production wells (when all wells are online) and 13 WI (Water Injection) wells. All the production wells and one of the WI wells are located at the Buzzard W Platform, whilst the remaining 12 WI wells are subsea and located at either the Southern WI Manifold (five wells) or the Central WI Manifold (seven wells). The existing Buzzard Complex comprises four bridge linked platforms: the QU Platform, the W Platform, the P Platform and the PS Platform. Hydrocarbon production began in 2007 with the facilities capable of processing over 200,000 bbls of oil per day and 60 MMscf/d of gas. Oil and gas export is via the FPS and Frigg pipeline systems respectively. (Source: COSL Drilling Europe, Nexen)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023