NEXEN SECURES COSLPioneer IN UK NORTH SEA
COSL Drilling Europe AS has received a Letter of Intent from Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited to carry out plugging and abandonment work at the Ettrick and Blackbird fields in UK.
The work, which will be conducted by the semi-submersible, COSLPioneer, includes 13 wells with a fixed duration of around 12 months. COSLPioneer is a 6th generation DP3 unit, currently located in Norway at the CCB yard. It will mobilize and commence work in the UK in Q1 2018. The rig received its safety case in UK Safety Authorities from the Health & Safety Executive in March this year. “COSL is very pleased with Nexen’s intentions and we look forward to commencing work for one of the major oil companies in UK”, says COSL Drilling Europe’s CEO Jørgen Arneesen. Ready stacked in Norway COSL Pioneer is a GM4000-D mid-water semi-submersible built by Yantai CIMC Raffles in China in 2010. (Source and image: COSL)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020