NOBLE GLOBETROTTER II AND NOBLE DON TAYLOR BACK TO WORK
Noble Corporation advised it has signed contracts for two drillships that are currently idle: Noble Globetrotter II and Noble Don Taylor.
Talos Energy has contracted Noble Don Taylor for operations in the Gulf of Mexico. Drilling is expected to start in early November and end in mid-January 2019.
Total has contracted the drillship Noble Globetrotter II to drill in the deepwaters of the Bulgarian Black Sea. Drilling is expected to begin in early November and end in early January 2019.
Fully equipped with Huisman unique lifting system, Noble Globe Trotter II is capable to drill in 12,000 ft of water. The drillship currently ready stacked in Bulgaria, was built by Dalian Shipbuilding, China, in 2013.
Noble Don Taylor a Gusto MSC P10000 design was built in 2013 at Ulsan Shipyard in South Korea. Under contract until February 2019, the unit was idled by Shell in September 2018.
(Source: Noble Corporation – Image: Noble Globetrotter II in Rotterdam/Frits Janse)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018