NOBLE GLOBETROTTER II AND NOBLE DON TAYLOR BACK TO WORK
Noble Corporation advised it has signed contracts for two drillships that are currently idle: Noble Globetrotter II and Noble Don Taylor.
Talos Energy has contracted Noble Don Taylor for operations in the Gulf of Mexico. Drilling is expected to start in early November and end in mid-January 2019.
Total has contracted the drillship Noble Globetrotter II to drill in the deepwaters of the Bulgarian Black Sea. Drilling is expected to begin in early November and end in early January 2019.
Fully equipped with Huisman unique lifting system, Noble Globe Trotter II is capable to drill in 12,000 ft of water. The drillship currently ready stacked in Bulgaria, was built by Dalian Shipbuilding, China, in 2013.
Noble Don Taylor a Gusto MSC P10000 design was built in 2013 at Ulsan Shipyard in South Korea. Under contract until February 2019, the unit was idled by Shell in September 2018.
(Source: Noble Corporation – Image: Noble Globetrotter II in Rotterdam/Frits Janse)
- BP STARTS UP THUNDER HORSE NORTHWEST EXPANSION 19th October 2018
- NIGERIA: PIPE LINE BLAST KILLED 200 IN ABA 17th October 2018
- SHELL QGC TO DRILL 250 WELLS IN WESTERN DOWNS REGION OF QUEENSLAND 12th October 2018
- PEMEX DISCOVERS MAJOR OILFIELDS IN MEXICO’s SURESTE BASIN 11th October 2018
- ENSCO ACQUIRES ROWAN IN A $2.38 BILLION DEAL 09th October 2018