NOBLE TOM PROSSER AWARDED MULTI-WELL CONTRACT EXTENSION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
The London based offshore driller Noble Corporation advised that its jackup Noble Tom Prosser was awarded a five of six wells contract extension, extending the contract to August 2020.
Noble tom Prosser was mobilized at the end of April 2019 by the Australion Santos to drill the Dorado-2 well located approximately 160 kilometres north-northeast of Port Hedland in the Bedout Sub-basin in Western Australia. Following the Dorado-2 well, the jackup was scheduled to drill the near-field exploration well Roc South-1 with the Dorado-3 appraisal well to follow the Roc South-1 well. In June 2019, Santos announced that the Dorado-2 appraisal well had confirmed Dorado as a major oil and gas.
Noble Tom Prosser is a Fiede and Goldman JU-3000N 400 ft jackup built in Singapore at Jurong Shipyard by Sembcorp Marine. The unit was delivered in 2014
Noble also announced that the Noble Mick O’Brien jackup contract was extended from October 2019 to March 2020 to drill off the coast of Qatar for Qatar Gas.
Noble mentioned that its jackup Noble Johnny Whitstine drilling for Saudi Aramco incurred 18 days of operational downtime at zero dayrate during 2Q 2019
(Source: Noble Corporation – Image: Noble Tom Prosser)
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019
- ARRIVAL OF LIZA DESTINY OFFSHORE GUYANA 30th August 2019
- BP SAYS GOODBYE TO ALASKA – SALE OF BUSINESS TO HILCORP FOR $ 5.6 BILLION 28th August 2019