NORSKE SHELL CONTRACTS ISLAND CONSTRUCTOR
The Petroleum Safety Authority of Norway (PSA) advised that they have given Norske Shell consent to use Island Constructor on the Knarr and Ormen Lange fields. The consent applies to planned well work on the Knarr and Ormen Lange fields. The activities are planned for the second and third quarters of 2018.
Island Constructor is a facility designed for well intervention which is operated by Island Offshore Management AS. The facility received Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in September 2010.
The Knarr field is in the northern North Sea around 50 kilometres north-east of Snorre. The field has been developed using a production and storage vessel (FPSO) and two subsea templates with wells for production and injection. Production began in 2015.
The Ormen Lange field is in the southern part of the Norwegian Sea. The field has been developed using subsea wells. The wellstream is piped to the Nyhamna onshore facility for processing and export. Production at Ormen Lange began in 2007.
Norske Shell is the operator of both fields. (Source: PSA – Image: Island Offshore)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024