NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER
Equinor and its partners are preparing for production start from the world class Johan Sverdrup field already in October this year, one month ahead of schedule. Equinor also presents updated operating costs and strong cash flow estimates for the initial year of production.
The Johan Sverdrup development continues to progress well through the final stages of preparation for operations. As a result, Equinor and its partners Lundin Norway, Petoro, Aker BP and Total, are accelerating the planned schedule for production start-up.
Since the Plan for development and operation (PDO) for Phase 1 of the Johan Sverdrup project was submitted in 2015, the project has seen both a significant cost reduction as well as an acceleration in the start-up schedule of the large development from late December 2019 to now October.
“Around this time last year, we accelerated the expected schedule for production start-up of Johan Sverdrup to November 2019. Now, as we enter the final stretch of the project, we believe it is possible to start production up to one month earlier,” says Anders Opedal, executive vice president for Technology, projects & drilling in Equinor.
The current focus of the Johan Sverdrup project is on completing the testing of the equipment and systems needed for the full field centre – spanning four platforms and three interconnected bridges and associated modules – to function and perform as one installation.
Johan Sverdrup is one of the five largest oil fields on the Norwegian continental shelf. With expected resources estimated at 2.7 billion barrels of oil equivalent, it is also one of the most important industrial projects in Norway in the next 50 years. The development and operation of this enormous field will generate revenue and provide jobs for coming generations.
(Source and image: Equinor/Johan Sverdrup field at sunset)
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019