NORTHWESTER 2 WIND PARK FIRST TO USE MHI VESTAS 9.5 MW TURBINE
Northwester 2 in Belgium will be the world’s first offshore wind park to feature the MHI Vestas V164-9.5 MW turbine from MHI Vestas Offshore Wind.
It’s full steam ahead for Belgium’s next offshore wind park as MHI Vestas and Parkwind confirm the firm order for the supply and installation of 23 V164-9.5 MW turbines for Northwester 2. Installation is scheduled to begin in late 2019.
Both companies attribute the fast installation timetable to a highly collaborative approach, supply chain readiness, and the industrialisation of offshore wind in Belgium.
Parkwind estimates that the 219 MW project will provide more than 1,000 direct and indirect jobs during the construction phase and 100 long-term jobs for operations and maintenance.
The firm order, which follows financial close for the project achieved on October 5, includes a 15-year service agreement for MHI Vestas, and comes as the Belgian government is preparing for additional offshore wind capacity, up to 4 GW by 2025.
Northwester 2 is a 219MW offshore windfarm being developed in the North Sea, off the coast of Ostend, Belgium. It will be the sixth windfarm in the North Sea off the Belgian coast, and will be located at a water depth of approximately 40m. (Source: MHI Vestas – Image: MHI Vestas V164-9.5MW nacelle)
- YELLOWTAIL-1 BECOMES 13th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 19th April 2019
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE ANADARKO FOR $33 BILLION 13th April 2019
- ENSCO ROWAN BECOMES WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE DRILLING COMPANY BY FLEET SIZE 12th April 2019
- GLOBAL DISCOVERIES OF CONVENTION RESOURCES ON THE RISE IN 2019 09th April 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP KAOMBO SUL FPSO IN ANGOLAN DEEPWATER 02nd April 2019