NORTHWESTER 2 WIND PARK FIRST TO USE MHI VESTAS 9.5 MW TURBINE
Northwester 2 in Belgium will be the world’s first offshore wind park to feature the MHI Vestas V164-9.5 MW turbine from MHI Vestas Offshore Wind.
It’s full steam ahead for Belgium’s next offshore wind park as MHI Vestas and Parkwind confirm the firm order for the supply and installation of 23 V164-9.5 MW turbines for Northwester 2. Installation is scheduled to begin in late 2019.
Both companies attribute the fast installation timetable to a highly collaborative approach, supply chain readiness, and the industrialisation of offshore wind in Belgium.
Parkwind estimates that the 219 MW project will provide more than 1,000 direct and indirect jobs during the construction phase and 100 long-term jobs for operations and maintenance.
The firm order, which follows financial close for the project achieved on October 5, includes a 15-year service agreement for MHI Vestas, and comes as the Belgian government is preparing for additional offshore wind capacity, up to 4 GW by 2025.
Northwester 2 is a 219MW offshore windfarm being developed in the North Sea, off the coast of Ostend, Belgium. It will be the sixth windfarm in the North Sea off the Belgian coast, and will be located at a water depth of approximately 40m. (Source: MHI Vestas – Image: MHI Vestas V164-9.5MW nacelle)
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019
- NEW HORIZONS MAKES HISTORIC FLYBY OF ULTIMA THULE 01st January 2019
- NASA: ARCTIC ICE GROWS AT FASTER PACE IN WINTER 29th December 2018
- TRANSOCEAN AWARDED FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR NEWBUILD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP 29th December 2018
- SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 26th December 2018
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018