NOV ACQUIRES DUTCH RIG ENGINEERING FIRM GustoMSC
Houston rig and equipment builder National Oilwell Varco said it bought GustoMSC, a Dutch design and engineering company of mobile offshore units and equipments.
GustoMSC offers jack-ups, self- propelled jack-ups, semi-submersibles, and vessels. The company also provides consultancy, customized design, basic design and associated equipment, and operational support services. It serves offshore oil and gas, and wind markets. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Schiedam, the Netherlands.
The deal allows NOV to expand and further vertically integrate its offshore rig business now that oil prices are healthier and the languishing deepwater energy sector is showing signs of life. During the recent oil bust, NOV shifted more of its business to the still-thriving onshore U.S. shale industry. GustoMSC was previously sold in 2012 for about $185 million to the Dutch private equity firm Parcom Capital. The consulting and research firm Rystad Energy called GustoMSC one of the world’s premier rig design companies. (Source: NOV – Image: Manuq Arctic drillship/GustoMSC)
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- BORR DRILLING READY FOR THE RECOVERY IN JACKUP MARKET 20th June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- 200th LNG CARGO FROM GNLG IN CURTIS ISLAND 07th June 2018
- NOV ACQUIRES DUTCH RIG ENGINEERING FIRM GustoMSC 04th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018