NOVATEK AWARDED SOUTH LESKINSKIY LICENSE IN GYDAN PENINSULA
Russian Novatek announced that NOVATEK-Yurkharovneftegas, a wholly owned subsidiary, won the auction for geological survey, exploration and production license for the South-Leskinskiy subsoil license area on the Gydan peninsula in the Krasnoyarsk Territory. The license area has estimated hydrocarbon resources of 3.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent according to the Russian resource classification system. The license term is 27 years and the auction resulted in one-time payment for the subsoil use in the amount of RR 2,041 million rubles.
The South-Leskinskiy license area is located in close proximity to NOVATEK’s existing licenses on the Gydan peninsula. The new license is consistent with the Company’s strategy to expand our hydrocarbon resource base on the Yamal and Gydan peninsulas to increase natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons production. (Source: Novatek)
- YELLOWTAIL-1 BECOMES 13th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 19th April 2019
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE ANADARKO FOR $33 BILLION 13th April 2019
- ENSCO ROWAN BECOMES WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE DRILLING COMPANY BY FLEET SIZE 12th April 2019
- GLOBAL DISCOVERIES OF CONVENTION RESOURCES ON THE RISE IN 2019 09th April 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP KAOMBO SUL FPSO IN ANGOLAN DEEPWATER 02nd April 2019