NOVATEK AWARDED SOUTH-YAMBURGSKIY LICENSE AREA
PAO Novatek announced hat NovatekYurkharovneftegas, a wholly owned subsidiary, won the auction for geological survey, exploration and production license for the South-Yamburgskiy subsoil area located in the Nadym District of the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region in close proximity to the North-Urengoyskoye field of NOVATEK’s joint venture Nortgas.
The license area has estimated hydrocarbon resources of 506 billion cubic meters of natural gas and 126 million tons of liquids, or 4.3 billion barrels of oil equivalent, according to the Russian resource classification system. The license term is 25 years and the auction resulted in one-time payment for the subsoil use of RR 1,066 million.
Novatek, headquartered in Moscow, is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project.
The Company’s upstream activities are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production.
(Source: Novatek – Image: idle derrick in the Nadym District/Rne Pierre/EGN)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020