NOVATEK REACHED KEY MILESTONE OF ONE TRILLION CUBIC METERS OF GAS PRODUCTION
Novatek announced that the company has reached a milestone of one trillion cubic meters in cumulative natural gas production since commencing its natural gas field development program.
The Company commenced producing natural gas at its East-Tarkosalinskoye field with the launch of the first gas treatment unit in 1998. Subsequently, the Company started developing deeper gas condensate bearing layers that required the application of new state-of-the-art technologies, including drilling large diameter, long horizontal wells with multi-stage fracturing. The combination of natural gas produced from subsidiary companies and joint ventures has steadily increased over the past years, and with the successful launch of our flagship Yamal LNG project in 2017, NOVATEK has transformed from providing natural gas to the Russian domestic market to a global LNG player.
“Today, NOVATEK is one of the largest natural gas producers globally. Reaching cumulative natural gas volume of one trillion cubic meters is a significant milestone for the Company, and we are very proud of what we achieved since the Company’s foundation. We have built a natural gas platform both domestically and now internationally with our Yamal LNG project that is one of the most cost-competitive in the industry.” noted Leonid Mikhelson, NOVATEK’s Chairman of the Management Board. “A high quality, long life resource base combined with a low cost operating model as well as our highly professional team capable of solving the most complex tasks represent our biggest competitive advantage vis-à-vis our global industry competitors.”
(Source: Novatek – Image: Tanker in the port of Sabetta)
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020