NOVATEK STRENGTHENS PRESENCE IN THE GYDAN PENINSULA
PAO Novatek announced that Arctic LNG 1, a wholly owned subsidiary, won the auction for geological survey, exploration and production license for the subsoil area including the Soletsko-Khanaveyskoye field located on the Gydan peninsula in Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region. The license area has estimated hydrocarbon resources of 2,183 billion cubic meters of gas and 212 million tons of liquids, or 16 billion barrels of oil equivalent according to the Russian resource classification system. The license term is 27 years and the auction resulted in one-time payment for the subsoil use in the amount of RR 2,586 million.
The new license area borders Novatek’s Trekhbugorniy and Gydanskiy license areas on the Gydan peninsula, and allows to create the resource base for the next LNG project similar to Arctic LNG 2, with liquefaction trains to be located at the Utrenniy terminal.
The Gydan Peninsula is a geographical feature of the Siberian coast in the Kara Sea. It takes its name from the river Gyda that flows on the peninsula. It is roughly 400 km long and 360 km wide. This wide peninsula lies between the estuaries of the Ob and Yenisei Rivers. The southwestern corner of the peninsula is limited by the Taz Estuary. The climate in the whole area of the peninsula is arctic and harsh.
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL IN THE DEEPEST WATER DEPTH EVER DRILLED 15th January 2020
- EQUINOR TO EXTEND STATFJORD FIELD PRODUCTION TOWARDS 2040 10th January 2020
- APACHE AND TOTAL REPORT SIGNIFICANT OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 08th January 2020
- HYDEPLOY – FIRST HYDROGEN INJECTION INTO KEELE UNIVERSITY GAS NETWORK 04th January 2020