NOVATEK TESTS JURASSIC RESERVOIR ON WEST-YURKHAROVSKIY
NOVATEK announced that its wholly owned subsidiary OOO NOVATEK-Yurkharovneftegas has successfully completed testing the Jurassic reservoir at well #135R on the West-Yurkharovskiy license area.
The Company successfully completed a horizontal well using multi-stage hydro-fracturing at a total vertical depth of 4,100 meters with abnormally high reservoir pressure of 820 standard atmosphere and co-mingled production from two separate Jurassic horizons. This was the first time such a well completion for an over-pressured Jurassic reservoir was applied in Russia.
Well #135R has been naturally flowing with a gas-condensate mixture flow rate of 650 thousand cubic meters per day through 22 hours stage testing period on a 10 mm choke for a total testing time of 10 days. This positive testing result were the outcome of NOVATEK’s experience in constructing horizontal wells with multi-stage hydro-fracturing in the abnormally high Jurassic pressure reservoir (anomalous pressure factor of 2.0).
The commercial viability of the deeper Jurassic deposits was confirmed, and, correspondingly, an investment decision was made to commence an exploration program and pilot production from this new project site as part of the Yurkharovskoye production center. (Source and image: Novatek)
- HYUNDAY HEAVY INDUSTRIES TO HALT OPERATIONS AT OFFSHORE SHIPYARDS 22nd June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018