NOVATEK TESTS JURASSIC RESERVOIR ON WEST-YURKHAROVSKIY
NOVATEK announced that its wholly owned subsidiary OOO NOVATEK-Yurkharovneftegas has successfully completed testing the Jurassic reservoir at well #135R on the West-Yurkharovskiy license area.
The Company successfully completed a horizontal well using multi-stage hydro-fracturing at a total vertical depth of 4,100 meters with abnormally high reservoir pressure of 820 standard atmosphere and co-mingled production from two separate Jurassic horizons. This was the first time such a well completion for an over-pressured Jurassic reservoir was applied in Russia.
Well #135R has been naturally flowing with a gas-condensate mixture flow rate of 650 thousand cubic meters per day through 22 hours stage testing period on a 10 mm choke for a total testing time of 10 days. This positive testing result were the outcome of NOVATEK’s experience in constructing horizontal wells with multi-stage hydro-fracturing in the abnormally high Jurassic pressure reservoir (anomalous pressure factor of 2.0).
The commercial viability of the deeper Jurassic deposits was confirmed, and, correspondingly, an investment decision was made to commence an exploration program and pilot production from this new project site as part of the Yurkharovskoye production center. (Source and image: Novatek)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018