NOVATEK TO CONSTRUCT LNG TRANSSHIPMENT COMPLEX IN KAMCHATKA
PAO Novatek, the Ministry of the Russian Federation for the Development of the Far East and the Government of the Kamchatka Territory signed an agreement of intent on implementing a project for the construction of a marine LNG transshipment complex in the territory of Kamchatka.
The Agreement provides for Novatek’s investment in the amount of approximately RR 70 billion. The Ministry of the Russian Federation for the Development of the Far East with the Government of the Kamchatka Territory supports the project and intends to render assistance in its implementation.
“The construction of the Kamchatka transshipment complex will increase the efficiency of LNG deliveries from the Arctic zone by optimizing transport logistics.” noted Leonid Mikhelson, Novatek’s Chairman of the Management Board, “We plan to create a Russian LNG hub for shipments to consumers in the Asia-Pacific region. This investment will contribute to the development of the Northern Sea Route allowing for the optimal use of the existing Arctic tanker fleet. The project will give an additional impetus to the economy of the Far East, create additional jobs and facilitate gasification of Kamchatka by using the boil-off gas from the LNG transshipment complex.”
Novatek is still selecting the final site, but the $1.5 billion facility may be built Avachinskaya Bay (or Avacha Bay), a protected inlet on Kamchatka’s southeastern tip that is home to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, the territory’s capital. (Source: Novatek – Image: Avachinskya Bay/Kunhmi)
- TOTAL REPORTS IMPORTANT DISCOVERY IN THE OUTENIQUA BASIN OFFSHORE SOUTH AFRICA 07th February 2019
- NEW OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA AT TILAPIA AND HAIMARA WELLS 07th February 2019
- THE WORLD’S MOST POPULATED CITIES IN 2035 02nd February 2019
- EXXONMOBIL LEADER OF THE OIL AND GAS EXPLORERS IN 2018 01st February 2019
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019