NOVAWIND INSTALLS FOUNDATIONS AT KUZMINSKAYA WIND FARM IN SOUTHERN RUSSIA
Concrete was poured for the first wind turbine foundation at the Kuzminskaya Wind Farm in the Stavropol Krai (Southern Russia). A total of 64 wind turbines with a capacity of 2.5 MW each will be installed on the site. With an aggregate capacity of 160 MW, the wind farm is estimated to generate 378 million kWh per annum.
More than 100 construction machines are deployed on the site, and over 250 workers and engineers engaged. The work is currently underway to install bored cast in-situ piles and steel reinforcement for the foundations of wind turbines. The workers are also constructing crane footings and access roads to the wind turbine foundations and transformer substation. Two batching plants capable of making 230 cu m of ready-mix concrete per hour operate on the site.
The Stavropol Krai is a key region for NovaWind in terms of wind power projects. At present, there are four wind farms – Kochubeevskaya Wind Farm (210 MW), Karmalinovskaya Wind Farm (60 MW), Bondarevskaya Wind Farm (120 MW), and Medvezhenskaya Wind Farm (60 MW) – commissioned and operating in the region.
NovaWind is Rosatom’s wind power division consolidating efforts of the Russian nuclear corporation in advanced areas of the energy generation technology. Established in September 2017, the company accumulates Rosatom’s competencies in wind power generation, from design and construction to mechanical engineering and operation of wind farms. As of today, NovaWind has commissioned 720 MW of wind power capacity. By 2027, Rosatom will put a total of about 1.7 GW of wind capacity in operation.
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023