NUCLEAR CONTAINER SHIP SEVMORPUT LOADS CARGO FOR ARCTIC LNG 2 PROJECT
On March 6, the nuclear container ship Sevmorput of the FSUE Atomflot arrived in the seaport of Arkhangelsk for loading various general cargo for the Arctic LNG 2 project. The transition from Murmansk took no more than two days.
In the seaport of Arkhangelsk, the world’s only transport vessel with a nuclear power plant will take on palletized cargo, containers and equipment. After the completion of loading operations, the Sevmorput nuclear container ship will proceed to the Morning deposit located on the Gydan peninsula in the Gulf of Ob.
“Rosatomflot is an active participant in the largest Arctic hydrocarbon projects,” said Mustafa Kashka, General Director of Atomflot. – Attracting the nuclear container ship Sevmorput to the implementation of the Arctic LNG 2 project demonstrates the relevance of our successful experience in the Arctic.
The crew of the nuclear container ship Sevmorput will provide delivery and unloading of cargo to the ice fast ice. Rosatomflot seafarers have the necessary experience in conducting such operations in high latitudes. In one voyage, the vessel of Atomflot federal state unitary enterprise will deliver cargo of about 37 thousand freight units for the construction of the Arctic LNG 2.
The departure from the seaport of Arkhangelsk in the direction of the Gydansky Peninsula is scheduled for mid-March. In April, another flight to the Morning field is scheduled.
The nuclear container ship Sevmorput was built in Kerch at the shipyard Zaliv. Laid November 2, 1984, launched on February 20, 1986. It was commissioned on December 31, 1988.
Main characteristics of the Sevmorput:
• Nuclear power plant capacity: 29 MW (40,000 hp)
• Maximum length of 260.23 m
• Maximum width of 32.20 m
• Able to carry: Containers ISO 20 1320 pcs – Containers ISO 40 428 pcs.
- OFFSHORE PROJECT SANCTIONING IN 2019 SURPASSED THE $50 BILLION MARK 19th July 2019
- SO LONG ROWAN, SO LONG ENSCO – WELCOME TO VALARIS 04th July 2019
- LARGEST GAS FIND EVER FOR THAILAND’S PTTEP OFFSHORE SARAWAK 01st July 2019
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019