OCEAN INFINITY’ FIRST ARMADA SHIP ARRIVES AT VARD SHIPYARD IN NORWAY
2023 has kick-started with the first Armada ship arriving in Norway to VARD Søviknes after its maiden voyage which begun on 19th of November in Vietnam.
The first of eight highly advanced, 78-meter vessels will be the first of their kind, enabling Ocean Infinity to perform tech-enabled lean-crewed operations for a safer and greener maritime future. They represent a giant leap forward for the maritime industry.
In partnership with Ocean Infinity, VARD has designed a unique, multi-purpose platform that will allow for onshore remote-controlled, lean-crewed and eventually uncrewed operations.
The ships will be made ready for future environmentally responsible fuels and renewable energy sources.
On delivery, they will accommodate a lean crew and use hybrid solutions.
VARD Electro is equipping the ships with advanced marine electronics for remote operations from its SeaQ product range, while VARD Accommodation is providing the efficient accommodation solution.
Ocean Infinity has taken the delivery of the first ship, which is expected to go into service on offshore data acquisition tasks in the coming months following its final installation work. This milestone marks the beginning of a new phase which has been pioneering the use of robotics to collect subsea data at scale with minimal environmental impact.
(Source and image: Ocean Infinity – Armada vessel at Vard Soviknes in Norway)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023