OCEAN INSTALLER WINS DECOMMISSIONING CONTRACT IN MAURITANIA
Ocean Installer, the Norwegian subsea entrepreneur headquartered in Stavanger, will assist BW Offshore in decommissioning the Berge Helene FPSO on the Chinguetti field, 80 km west of Mauritania, following Petronas implementation of their Demobilization Plan. The project will be executed on a fast track, with offshore operations commencing as soon as March/April of 2018. The scope of the project includes disconnection, laydown and wet storage of flexible risers, umbilical and mooring lines from the FPSO.
“We are continuing to build experience operating in West Africa, after having successfully completed jobs in the Republic of Congo, in Nigeria and in Equatorial Guinea. This will be Ocean Installer’s first job in Mauritania, and we are very pleased that BW Offshore has chosen us,” says Ocean Installer CEO Steinar Riise.
The Berge Helene is operated by BW Offshore for Petronas on the Chinguetti field at a water depth of approximately 800 meters. The FPSO has been in operation on the field since 2006.
The Chinguetti field lies off the coast of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, North West Africa, in Block 4, PSC (Production Sharing Contract) area B, about 80km west of the Mauritanian coastline and 90km from the capital, Nouakchott. (Source: Ocean Installer)
- WOOD WINS MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT FOR UPPER ZAKUM OILFIELD 14th November 2018
- MAGSEIS TO ACQUIRE FAIRFIELD GEOTECHNOLOGIES SEISMIC BUSINESS 02nd November 2018
- SKRUIS: IMPORTANT OIL DISCOVERY IN THE BARENTS SEA 30th October 2018
- TARA PACIFIC 2016-2018 EXPEDITION SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED 27th October 2018
- US INTERIOR GREEN LIGHTS LIBERTY PROJECT OFFSHORE ALASKA 26th October 2018