ODFJELL DRILLING SECURES CONTRACT FOR DEEPSEA YANTAI WITH PGNIG
Odfjell Drilling announced that on behalf of CIMC OFFSHORE AS, the Company has agreed a contract with PGNiG Upstream Norway AS for the use of the drilling rig Deepsea Yantai.
The contract includes the drilling of one firm well, Tomcat, in PL 1055 in the Norwegian Sea, with the option to drill two further wells in 2024. The firm scope of work is estimated to take 55 days and will commence in Q2/Q3 2024.
As a result of the signing of this contract, the firm backlog for the DeepseaYantai is expected to now extend into Q3 2024.
Deepsea Yantai, managed by Odfjell Drilling is a GM-40 mid-water submersible built in China by Yantai CIMC Raffles. The drilling rig was delivered in 2019.
(Source: Odfjell Drilling – Image: Deepsea Yantai)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023